Laura McCracken is a designer, stylist, weaver and teacher. Laura is reaching those who love the world of sewing and design with her SEW NEW YORK classes. She is a former school teacher who was educated at the Fashion Institute of Technology and Parsons School of Design. Her skills, patience and craftsmanship for this study spans over 30 years.
START WITH THE BASICS
- Sewing machine basics, and how to operate the sewing machine
- Hand sewing techniques
- Tools of the trade
- Major fundamental techniques
- Seams and stitches
- Shop the wonderful commercial patterns.
- Learn how to use and read the pattern.
- Learn the beauty of different fabrics
- Learn at your own pace.
- Discover the great resources of Manhattan's garment district
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Start sewing today, the right way. Learn how to read a pattern, learn how to sew in a zipper, or how to set a sleeve into a garment and so much more. Your first project will be a complete skirt and the finished product will be beautifully and professionally constructed, one that you will be proud to wear.
Please go to the contact page or email Laura at Laura@sewny.com